Pointscore Rules 2013 and beyond
1. Only HTCAV financial competition members are included in the Club pointscore.
2. To be eligible for Club trophies, you must have raced at a minimum of 2 meetings or have had a minimum of 2 cars competing in your class.
3. Club points are awarded per race for finishers 1 through 6 dependent on the number of starters in each class. (See table below for details).
4. The Club Competition Calendar lists which events are eligible for Club points in a year.
5. Only HTCAV financial competition members are included as starters in eligible “Victorian” events.
6. Three points are automatically allocated for starting qualifying at an event.
7. One point is allocated for the fastest timed lap of the event, for each class, during racing but not including qualifying.
8. In a handicap race eight points will be allocated to each and every finisher of that race
9. Points are allocated for finishers, 1st through to 6th in each class, in each race of an event (to a maximum of 3 races). If an event has more than 3 races, the last 3 races only will be scored.
10. Club Points are calculated from a competitor’s best 5 events during a year, which may include one nominated interstate event. Any Interstate, Group N, event where a CAMS Provisional Circuit (formerly known as C3) Licence holder can participate is eligible for inclusion.
11. At interstate events all class cars are counted as starters – not just HTCAV members.
12. It is the competitor’s responsibility to collect interstate results sheets and supply them to the competition secretary for inclusion in the HTCAV pointscore no later than November 15 of that year. Interstate events will be scored using the HTCAV pointscore system.
13. All cars that commence qualifying, even if they don’t finish, are counted as starters in all races whether they actually start them or not.
14. Where the grid is separated into fast and slow (Not Over and Under), The results shall be deemed as one large race with the faster grid being the first finishers and the slower thereafter.
15. If members change classes their points stay within each class but can be added together for Total Points.
16. Members may race as many classes as they like at an event, but can score points in only one nominated class. This one class may be nominated post event, but no more than 3 days after the event. It is a member’s responsibility to make the Competition Secretary aware of their nominated car. Points will not be allocated retrospectively.
17. Other race series such as the VSRS and VSCRC use different methods to score their series. This does not affect the HTCAV’s pointscore system.
18. Where there is no result deemed in a race, there will be no points allocated for that race. 3 points will still be allocated for participating at that event.
19. In the event of a Club Championship draw, there will be a count back. The competitor with the highest number of superior placings will be declared the winner
20. Certificate of Description (COD) cars will run in special classes “shadowing” the pointscore classes ie a COD 302 Mustang would run in “NC COD 3501-5000”.
Points Allocation – Per Race
No. of Finishing Position
Starters 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
6+ 14 12 10 8 6 4
5 13 11 9 7 5
4 12 10 8 6
3 11 9 7
2 10 8
NB Over 4500 NC Over 5100
NB 3000 – 4500 NC 3501 – 5100
NB 2601 – 3000 NC 3001 – 3500
NB 2001 – 2600 NC 2001 – 3000
NB 1601 – 2000 NC 1501 – 2000
NB 1301 – 1600 NC 1101 – 1500
NB 1001 – 1300 NC Up to 1100
NB Up to 1000